QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Grocery stores in many areas now have tulips and daffodils available. If you like spring flowers, pick yourself up some. You can generally get a bouquet of several tulips for less than $7 and daffodils for less than $4. It will bring a little early feeling of spring to your home.
- Can you find primroses for your garden? I don't generally plant mine in January, but I put several containers of them on my front porch for a colorful welcome home.
- Fridge/freezer maintenance - Clean one shelf, one drawer, or two door shelves.
- Check your supply of liquor, wine and beer if you keep those sorts of beverages around. Did your supplies get depleted during your holiday parties? Add to your grocery shopping list if needed.
- Take inventory of your paper and plastic products. Do you need more Kleenex, paper towels, toilet tissue, garbage bags, sandwich bags? Add anything you need to your shopping list for the week.
- Do you have any library books due to be returned this week? Any movies you rented this weekend at the video store that need to be returned today?
- It's a new year - does your child need their allowance adjusted for cost of living increases and their age? If this isn't something you review around their birthday, this might be a good time to discuss it. Also, it may be time to adjust chores around your child's older age, new skills they've acquired, or new schedules they've taken on at school.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Bathroom
Thoroughly clean a bathroom (or two!), paying special attention to the shower and/or bathtub. Change and launder towels and rugs if necessary, refresh vases or houseplants if applicable. Replenish toilet paper, hand soap, and toiletries as needed. Sort any and all medicine cabinets, under-sink cupboards or cabinets, throwing away items you don't need. Declutter and prioritize. Can you remove three or more items from your bathroom counter as needed?
TODAY'S SECONDARY PROJECT: Quiet Winter Evening
Spend some time tonight with your family of course, but also give yourself time to work on your crafts, writing, classes, book reading, fun cooking projects, sewing, photo sorting, and other activities. Enjoy tea, coffee or wine, and treat yourself to a fire if you have a fireplace. Enjoy some quiet time without rushing around from errand to errand.
LOVELY BLOGS: Outblush
This is a shopping blog for women. I like seeing these fun finds. The blog covers fashion, home, beauty, and lifestyle.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: