QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Pick out something fun to wear tonight when you get back from work or if you plan to go out. Something colorful and summery! Lay out shoes, jewelry and the perfume you'll wear, if you have time before you leave the house today. Then you can enjoy anticipating how lovely you'll look and fresh you feel later this evening when you're doing something fun in hopefully beautiful weather.
- Have you taken any good photos of your children this summer? If so, make time this weekend to print some out to send via snail mail to older relatives who might not be Flickr or Facebook savvy. If not, be sure your camera is charged and ready to go this weekend, to capture those precious faces.
- Speaking of charging things up, do you have a good charge on your cell phone for this weekend's activities?
- Glide through your house tidying it up for the weekend. Empty trash cans, throw out any dead flowers, water houseplants, put away shoes, replace magazines in their proper homes or recycle them, wipe down bathroom mirrors and sinks, empty or fill dishwasher, and wipe down kitchen counters as needed.
- Need to fill up with gas for the weekend, or visit an ATM for cash?
TODAY'S PROJECT: Vacation From Cleaning
Today I'm doing a bare minimum to tidy the house for the weekend, then leaving to go on a boat ride with family. I'm looking forward to sunshine, water, lounging, relaxing, and catching up on family gossip. I can always clean tomorrow, when a long sunny Saturday beckons.
LOVELY BATH & BODY: Morning Glory Liquid Hand Soap
I love Claus Porto not only for their beautiful packaging, but their exquisite scents. Here's my new bathroom hand soap for summer: Morning Glory.
LOVELY BLOGS: Diary of a White Indian Housewife
This is an absolutely fascinating blog by a woman who moved from Australia to Mumbai after meeting her husband in Calcutta. If you're at all interested in traveling to India or in relocation-adjustment type blogs, this one will probably suck you in. Sharell lets you peek deeply into her daily life, and it's so interesting to compare the differences.
Recent posts cover a dog ripping up her house; getting organic fruits and vegetables delivered; what it's like to navigate having a maid or housekeeper in India; and what happens when a Customers officer decides to open food in your parcel.
LOVELY FOOD: Starbucks Ice Cream
New flavors of Starbucks ice cream, just in time for summer: Vanilla Bean Frappuccino, Signature Hot Chocolate, and Strawberries & Creme Frappuccino. I'm excited that they aren't flavored with coffee (I don't care for the flavor of coffee, unfortunately). I think I'll pick up the Signature Chocolate one to try this weekend. It's not summer without an occasional ice cream treat!
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: