Do you have all the things you'll need for fall ready? Nearby where you can easily find them when needed? Fire logs, matches, rain boots, raincoats, leaf bags, a rake, caramel or pumpkin scented candles? Kleenex packets for coat pockets? Caramel for dipping apples as an occasional treat? Decorative pumpkins, gourds and ornamental corn? (Ok that last suggestion is a want, not a need!)
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- It's the end of the month, so let's look back over our Septembers and quietly reflect on how the month went. Did we budget well, eat healthy, take our vitamins, spend time with family and friends, make quiet time and alone time for ourselves, do something charitable, maintain our homes in a lovely manner, try new things? Remembered all the birthdays you needed to? Called and wrote relatives to stay in touch? Wrote in your journal, painted or drew in your sketchbook, worked on your knitting or craft projects? Read your book for your book club? Tried cooking something new? Rather than beat ourselves up for any failures or missed opportunities, let's vow to do better next month!
- Take inventory of fall supplies such as firelogs and matches, and add anything you need to your shopping list.
- Start thinking about making a Christmas shopping list. My Christmas shopping is usually done by November 15. I sincerely enjoy all my extra relaxing leisure time in December that comes from not running around frantically to finish my shopping.
- Plan a quiet evening at home into your schedule for next week.
- Do you need to make an appointment (or schedule time yourself) for someone to come clean your gutters?
TODAY'S PROJECT: Birthday Preparations
My sister's birthday is on Friday, so I'll be spending all Friday with her (lunch, manicures, dinner, dancing). And on Saturday we'll have a family celebration too. So knowing that I'm taking a day off work, means I have to work extra hard today, getting a lot done. I'm putting my puppies in Doggie Day Camp (they love it, and come home tired and ready for a nap!) so I can get more work done today.
I need to shop for her presents and card, and build in time Friday morning to buy fresh flowers and bake her birthday cake.
All this doesn't leave me a lot of time to do a home maintenance project today, so I'm going to skip it. I'm able to do this without a moment's hesitation, because I know I've kept up with my laundry, vacuuming, kitchen, dusting and decluttering this week.
I can drive away from my home Friday morning knowing I'm leaving behind a mostly clean house to come home to - other than I bet my kitchen will be messy from baking the cake! I won't have time to clean it up before I leave. Luckily I don't have any roommates to complain about me leaving some dishes in the sink!
I'm excited to help one of my favorite family members celebrate her birthday!
LOVELY BLOGS: If It's Hip, It's Here
This is one of those "look what cool thing I found" type blogs. I love those - so fun to browse through the goodies. This one covers art, design, fashion and style. The posts are picture-heavy, but it's well worth any download wait you might have to endure.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: