QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Make a pitcher of sun tea, squeeze your own lemonade or limeade, or set out even a storebought juicee for your family to enjoy on this hot day.
- Check over your supplies of ice cream and popsicles. I don't usually eat ice cream, but it's summertime and I might not want to run out. You never know when you're going to want to serve guests some nice sorbet, too.
- Sunday is a great time to phone relatives, and it's something you can do indoors in front of a fan or air conditioning. Anybody you haven't called in a while that you'd like to catch up with?
- I'm spending half an hour trying to clean out my email inbox. I bet it will take longer than that as I've neglected this so long!
- Make sure your pets have plenty of clean, cool water to drink today.
- Write in your journal or diary this evening when it's cooled off a bit and you might have some quiet time.
- Spritz your sheets with a nice sheet spray - lavender, perhaps, or chamomile?
TODAY'S PROJECT: Mowing and Gardening
I don't hate mowing the lawn - it's just a chore, not something I dread very much. I do love the way the lawn looks when I'm done, and I like relaxing with a glass of iced tea after my post-mow shower.
Gardening, however, I don't really enjoy. There's not much I can do about it - I have to weed and garden today. I prioritize the front yard (the one neighbors are forced to look at every day).
I took care of the front last weekend, so today I'm making my backyard back into a relaxing haven. I work outside here on nice days, and spend most summer evenings reading and talking on the phone out here. Those activities will be a lot nicer and lovelier with freshly mown grass and tended flowerbeds.
When I'm done I'll pour a glass of wine, grab the book I'm currently reading ( A Discovery of Witches) and lounge around in a pretty sundress, enjoying the rest of my summery Sunday.
LOVELY BLOGS: Green Food, Green Thumb, High Heels
Lindsay, a blogger from Sarasota, Florida, shares her efforts towards good health and cooking healthy. Recent posts include info on juicing, bikram yoga, and an honest post about her juicing blunders. I find her a very inspiring writer and I'm sure I'll check back in often.
LOVELY DRINKS: Caramel Cake Tea
It's still cool in the evenings here in Seattle, cool enough I switch from the iced tea of my afternoons to hot tea in the evening. I'm eager to try the new movie tie-in tea from Republic of Tea - I love caramel! I wish it weren't a black tea (caffeinated) though, as I would prefer to serve it as an after-dinner dessert tea. My guests, I know, would not want caffeine late at night.
LOVELY FOOD: Blueberry Crumble Ice Cream
I just picked up the newest limited edition ice cream from Haagen-Dazs. Not everybody likes crust crumbled into their ice cream, so this might not be everyone's favorite. I personally can't pass up the opportunity to sample any kind of blueberry ice cream! This limited edition flavor will disappear off store shelves in December.
LOVELY MOVIES: Dolphin Tale
I normally don't really go for sappy animal movies. However, I love so many of the actors in this so much (Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman, and Harry Connick, Jr.) And it will be nice to have something I can take my nephews to that's not just an animated or 3D movie. I'm definitely putting this movie on my entertainment calendar for the fall.
LOVELY TV: Bar Rescue
Normally I don't watch any shows on the Spike channel, but I am intrigued by this one. I usually can't resist a show about the business side of restaurants and entertaining. Professional bar consultant Jon Taffer visits struggling bars in California and tries to help the owners turn their business around. I bet it will make me very thirsty watching this show!
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: