It's summertime! Give yourself time (and permission) to lounge about a bit, enjoying sunshine and warm weather.
I'm primping today, preparing to go out to dinner tonight with the girls. We'll be eating in an outdoor cafe, so I'm using my foundation with the highest SPF. I can't wait to drink iced tea and wine, and catch up on gossip.
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Are you going out tonight? Lay out the outfit you plan to wear. Don't forget colorful, fun summery earrings and bracelets. Have a fun pair of sandals or espadrilles you'd like to wear? Are your toenails nice enough to show or do you need to work on them?
- Set out a pitcher of sun tea so your family can enjoy it tonight and tomorrow.
- Wipe down outdoor patio or deck table so it's ready to use this weekend.
- Tidy the kitchen for the weekend: empty or fill dishwasher, scrub sink, wipe down counters, sweep floor if needed.
- Whisk through the house, emptying wastebaskets, decluttering, putting away shoes (or having their owners do so themselves), watering houseplants, fluffing pillows, putting away magazines.
- Vacuum the room that needs it the most.
- Visit an ATM or gas station if you need to before the weekend starts. Stop by a Redbox if you need a movie and don't have any Netflix arriving.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Summer Beauty
This sounds selfish, but today I am focusing on myself. I haven't felt pretty lately so it's time to do something about it. I have a good self confidence, so this is an issue of beauty hygiene and maintenance not low self esteem!
Today I'm touching up my roots, using a mud mask on my face, giving myself a manicure, putting a topcoat over the salon pedicure I got two weeks ago, giving myself a sugar scrub, shaving my legs and applying a nice layer of my new almond body butter. I'll also call to schedule an eyebrow wax appointment.
Tonight when I'm out at Girls Night I will feel lovelier and I'll enjoy wearing a sundress, fun jewelry and my favorite espadrilles!
What are you doing tonight and what will you wear? Need to do any beauty touchups?
LOVELY BLOGS: Alexandra's Kitchen
I'm really enjoying this blog by a food obsessed photographer. Her food looks so lovely and tasty, it helps inspire me to get into the kitchen and try her recipes. Recently she's blogged about an apricot almond tart, zucchini fritters with tzatziki (I'm making those tomorrow night!), and buttermilk-blueberry breakfast cake.
LOVELY FRAGRANCE: Lolita Lempicka "Si"
I wasn't going to buy another fragrance for myself this year. I wear one of three fragrances every day in summer time, and I'm happy with them. I don't want to clutter up my bathroom vanity with any more attractive bottles.
But I didn't know a new Lolita Lempicka was coming out! And this one has my favorite notes - citrus, green and floral. Unfortunately I allowed myself to go smell it - thinking I could innocently just see what it's like. And now it's sitting on my bathroom counter, waiting to spritz me before I go out tonight!
LOVELY HOME: 30 Bags in 30 Days
The blogger over at Whimsy Love has set herself a task of getting rid of 30 bags of garbage (or recycling) in 30 days. This reminds me of the "A Box a Day" project I attempted (and mostly succeeded in) a couple years back. I'm going to peek in every few days to get inspired by her progress.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: