QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Need to change or scoop cat litter?
- Made Labor Day weekend plans? Inviting people over, or going somewhere yourself?
- Inventory your paper supplies. How well are you stocked up on toilet paper, paper towels, Wet Wipes, Kleenex and Puffs for the upcoming cold season? I never want to be that lady who has an entire shower stall or linen closet crammed full of toilet paper rolls. But I also want to have enough on hand that I don't have to run to the store if I'm sick or snowed in.
- Wipe down microwave inside and out if needed. This took me less than 30 seconds, so I should do it more than once a week!
- Wipe down front and sides of refrigerator (and top if you can reach it) with the same cloth or sponge you just used for the microwave.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Decluttering Day
Today I am making a sweep through every room of the house, decluttering as needed. I just got rid of two boxes of junk in my office. Next I'll empty wastebaskets, move my stack of magazines off the coffee table onto a waiting bookshelf I've cleared, carry stray dishes and water glasses to the dishwasher, and put items back into their proper homes in closets, cabinets, and on shelves.
The dining table is clutter-free, but my mail table needs some work. The small end table in my kitchen sitting area has a couple magazines on it that shouldn't be there.
Next I'll head into my upstairs and downstairs living rooms for damage control. Both have some miscellaneous items that have crept out where they don't belong (shoes, fingernail polish remover, books, various pens and pencils).
In the laundry room, I have one load of towels that need to be folded or hung up and put away. Next, I want to wash my bedding - it gets extra dirty this time of year from the cat tracking in pine needles and burrs from the yard, and the dogs' muddy feet. I have two empty detergent bottles that need to be rinsed and go to the recycling bin.
In the kitchen, I'll empty the recycling bin, fill and start the dishwasher, and try to see if I can remove some clutter from my kitchen counters.