QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Fridge and freezer maintenance - Clean one drawer, one shelf, or two door shelves in your fridge and freezer. Doing this once a week means your entire fridge and freezer gets cleaned out every single month.
- Create menus for the upcoming week; write your grocery list
- Are you going to sleep on clean sheets tonight? I am!
- Need to check over any of your kids' homework? If they finish it tonight they can enjoy tomorrow's Labor Day off guilt and stress-free!
- This weekend is a great time to call relatives you haven't talked to in a while and chat.
- Sweep your front entry, porch or front patio - the entrance to your home. This quick 1 minute job really makes a difference to the way your home looks and feels. Don't forget to move your doormat and sweep under it too!
TODAY'S PROJECT: Beauty Rituals
I'm going out to lots of fun events this weekend. I want to look my best, so it's time to work on my appearance, hygiene and wardrobe.
It's time to exfoliate, moisturize, shave, give myself a manicure, touch up my pedicure, touch up my roots, wax a certain annoying hair on my face, then find my missing eyebrow brush and put it to good use.
Next I need to go through the "summer dress" part of my closet to find the two dresses I'll need this weekend: one for tonight, one for tomorrow. I want to wear dresses I haven't yet gotten to wear and enjoy in our unseasonably cool summer. I'll take extra time picking out just the right shoes and jewelry to go with these dresses.
I miss having a bathtub, but I'll enjoy an extra long relaxing hot shower before I dress to go out this evening.
Tonight I'll look extra lovely for Girls Night Out; and I'll feel pretty on my date tomorrow evening.
What hygiene and beauty maintenance items do you need to work on this weekend?
LOVELY BLOGS: Cupcakes and Crinoline
A work-at-home mom of three homeschooled boys creates this lovely blog. She blogs about home decor, cooking, crafting, and homeschooling her family. Check out her yogurt cupcakes with yogurt frosting.
LOVELY HOME: Casbah Paisley Textiles
This is exactly what I've been looking for! I cover my mail table with a seasonal tablerunner, my coffee table with two placemats, and my two matching side tables with placemats as well. (I generally use a tablecloth in the dining room, not a runner). I've been wanting some sort of autumn-themed textiles that don't feature pumpkins, Halloween, or harvest imagery. I like to save that sort of thing for mid October and November. For now, as we're in between summer and fall, I'm excited to see this nice pumpkin, leaf and acorn-free pattern that still echoes nice autumn colors. I'm going down to get these today - I can't wait to see how they look in my home.
LOVELY WEBSITES: Time Warp Wives
A group of women inspired to modern day vintage-style living by the British film documentary
Time Warp Wives. They have an active, interesting social network; podcasts; retro news; and decor inspiration type posts. It's easy to get sucked into this website and end up daydreaming about living inspired by your own favorite time period. (Mine is the 1920s).
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: