QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Start a load of laundry; fold and put away any clothes that might have been on top of dryer
- Maintenance clean one shelf, one drawer or two door pockets in your refrigerator. Mercilessly throw out anything you know you won't eat by next Friday (got any weird condiments that should go? I have some 6 month old Vietnamese soup base that needs to be chucked)
- Make phonecalls to any relatives you haven't seen or talked to in a while
- Take a quick look around to see what fall decorating you might want to do soon. Any particular decor, candleholders, or pillows you want to put out?
- Try to consolidate your errands and get them done today so you can relax tomorrow. Stop by the hardware store on the way back from the grocery store; swing by the post office and library before you make it all the way home, etc.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Doors and Windowsills
Today I'm digging dead flies and bees out of the many windowsills in my house. The windows have been open almost all summer, so they're buggy and dirty. I'll dust the windowsills afterwards.
I'll dust the wood doors next, doing both sides of the door as well as the wood trim around them.
While you work, take notes on any chipped windowsills, chipped frames over the doors, or peeling paint. Need to add anything to your home fix-it list or your repainting schedule?
LOVELY BLOGS: The Single Nester
I love this! Carmie isn't married and doesn't have kids, but has given herself permission to prioritize nesting in her own home. She cooks, crafts, and makes her home beautiful - all for herself, but without being what we'd think of as "selfish." This sort of reminds me of one of my favorite Sex and the City episodes, where Carrie registers for shoes for herself because she's never had a baby shower or wedding shower.
LOVELY FOOD: Eleni's Fall Cookies
I adore leaf-shaped cookies and chocolates. When I make them myself, sadly, they don't turn out anywhere near as lovely as these. If you're looking for a gift to surprise someone with (in-laws, grandparents, co-workers, a best friend who needs a pick-me-up) I'd suggest a box of these gorgeously decorated autumn cookies. Their Fall Harvest cookies are adorable, too.
LOVELY HOME: Seda France's Autumn Candle
New for autumn from one of my favorite candle companies: Plum Chypre, scented with opmegranate, raspberry, currant, freesia, jasmine, patchouli and pink peppercorns. I love the beautiful pagoda packaging when I'm giving gifts, but I don't hang onto it if I buy one of these candles to scent my own home.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: