QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- If you didn't do this yesterday - Fridge and freezer maintenance - Clean, sort and sanitize one drawer, one shelf, or two door shelves in your fridge and in your freezer. Doing this faithfully every week means your fridge and freezer get cleaned out once a month.
- Are there blackberry bushes near your home? Have you picked any this summer? I just filled a Tupperware container with berries, intending to make pie. But I suspect my household will just gobble them all up in the next hour or so!
- Make menu plans for the upcoming week; create grocery list; shop as needed
- Sunday nights can be a good time to relax with family, make phone calls to relatives, and write letters to friends and family.
- Are your kids going to school with clean clothes tomorrow? Need to do any laundry tonight? Are you sleeping on clean bedsheets?
- Need to refill your kids' cafeteria lunch cards or meal accounts? Or what are you putting in your kids' lunch boxes tomorrow morning?
TODAY'S PROJECT: Taking Care of Me
It's been a stressful week, full of kids' doctors appointments (everybody's ok!), babysitting an energetic 2 year old while his mom visited her divorce attorney, and taking three young cousins to say goodbye to their dying grandma. I'm wiped out, physically and emotionally.
So I'm taking some Me time today. No cleaning, no sorting, no organizing, no projects. Just fun things. Things I want to do.
I'll read one of my library books; browse through magazines; putter in the kitchen; play with my dogs; borrow a bathtub for a good long soak with my favorite bath bomb; and finish this eight page letter to a good friend. I might pop in a movie and make a cocktail while I'm at it.
This is made possible because I take such good care of my house on a daily basis; doing daily maintenance with kitchen, sweeping and vacuum projects; and doing one project every day. My house is ready to be viewed, lived in, enjoyed, or entertained in, so I don't have to touch it today.
LOVELY BLOGS: Decor to Adore
This blogger (I love that her name has "Laura Ingalls" in it!) writes about interior design, home decor, flea market and antique store finds. She's written recently about sorting out her childhood home, packing up a lifetime of memories, and a daisy chair she rescued. Feast your eyes on the lovely photos here and enjoy.
LOVELY TV: Sweet Genius
I'm trying to watch a lot less TV, and the TV I watch should be lovely or positive in some way. I might try out this new pastry competition show as it seems to be relatively drama-free. I am looking forward to seeing the pastry food porn shots. It premieres on Thursday night.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: