QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Need to give yourself a quick manicure so your hands look nice for the holiday? I need to, I don't want to show up at Thanksgiving with chipped nail polish.
- Add 15 minutes to your normal exercise routine today - Thanksgiving preparedness!
- Gather phone numbers of people you want to call on Thanksgiving to wish a happy holiday. (Please call, not just text!)
- Sweep the entryway to your home, both indoors and outside.
- Gather cameras, chargers and batteries you'll use tomorrow. Charge up phones and cameras tonight.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Bathrooms
If you're going out of town for Thanksgiving, you can enjoy coming home in a few days to clean bathrooms. If you're hosting, you need all your bathrooms to be spotless for guests.
If you have a big crowd coming, more than one bathroom may be in use at the same time. So you might want to clean all of the bathrooms in your home, not just the guest bathroom. You never know when a guest is going to wander into a room you'd hoped they wouldn't.
Clean mirrors, light fixtures, light bulbs, sinks and counters. Scrub the toilet, then see if the bathtub and shower need any work. Finish by mopping floors, replacing hand towels and rugs/mats with clean ones, stocking toilet paper and Kleenex. Do you have a vase of fresh flowers in the guest bathroom? A candle you can light later on in the evening?
LOVELY BLOGS: The Enchanted Home
Here's a beautiful blog full of gorgeous home decor inspiration. Tina is building her dream home and lets us peek in from time to time at her efforts and dreams. There's currently a post on gorgeous walk-in closets that made me swoon. Tina is a very prolific blogger - 256 posts already this year so far - so you'll have lots of lovely things to look at here.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: