QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Have you sat down and watched the news (or spent some time with your preferred news website) in the last few days? A lot is going on outside of all of our lives. It's so easy to focus so intensely on our Thanksgiving and family celebrations that we lose touch with what's going on in the world around us. It's easy enough to have the news on in the background while we're doing laundry or catching up with magazines. Make time to reconnect with the world.
- Make weekend socialization plans if you haven't already and if you feel like seeing friends.
- Need to do any Christmas shopping this weekend? If you can't bear the crowds, shop online. Or get other tasks out of the way so you can shop on a slower weeknight next week.
- Spend some extra time with your pets if needed. They may be upset after the flurry and activity of Thanksgiving, or might need extra attention if you've been traveling.
- Fridge and freezer maintenance - Clean one drawer, one shelf or two door shelves in both your fridge and your freezer.
- Make menu plans and grocery list for the week ahead.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Laundry and Leftovers
Today I'm doing laundry, eating leftovers and rearranging my refrigerator. It got a bit messy and disorganized after all the cooking and baking I did this week. I'll be removing everything from my fridge and doing a major cleanup today.
Meanwhile my washer and dryer will be busy washing all the bedding in the house (including throws and the fluffy blankets we curl up in to watch movies downstairs). I'll also do a load of dark clothes so I have nice things to wear all week long.
Tonight we're staying in for a much-needed quiet night, catching up on homework and finishing this week's library books.