QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Clean out your fruit bowl - any spoiled fruit you need to throw out? Need to put fresh fruit on your grocery shopping list?
- Is it time to get your snow tires put on your car?
- Do you have an ice scraper in your car?
- Return any phone calls you may have missed over the weekend.
- Try to clean out your email inbox (if needed) today. Answer and delete or archive emails.
- Need to wrap and label any Christmas gifts tonight?
- Thanksgiving is in less than two weeks. How are you doing with preparations for your meal, guests, or your own travel?
- Do you send out Thanksgiving cards? I have just a couple families I want to especially tell that I'm thinking about them on Thanksgiving. So I'll mail some cards off today.
- Start thinking about making your New Year's Eve reservations. In some major cities, by now it's already too late to get a reservation at the swankiest hotels and trendiest restaurants. But you can always try!
TODAY'S PROJECT: Overall Cleaning
Today I'm doing a quick once-over on almost every room of the house. This way I can have fun going out later tonight and not worry about any housecleaning projects when I get home late.
I'll quickly vacuum both of my living rooms, put a freshly laundered tablecloth on the dining table, empty my kitchen and bathroom trash cans, declutter my mail table, do a quick mop on my kitchen floor, run around the house looking for mugs and drinking glasses, put a few dishes into the dishwasher, and make my bed. I won't have time to deal with my messy home office, so I'll just shut the door to it before I leave!
What overall housecleaning projects might you need to get done today?
LOVELY STATIONERY: Papaya Art
At more than $5 per card, I can't afford to send out these gorgeous sparkly glittery cards to every single person on my Christmas list. So I picked up just a couple of the peacock ones (my obsession over the past 3 years has been peacocks!) to send to extra special friends. I love this company's beautiful cards - and now they have matching gift bags too!