Today is our last chance to get ready for Thanksgiving on a non-workday.
If you're traveling, you'll have different tasks today than if you're hosting or bringing food to a friend's house. If you're hosting, you probably have a lot of cleaning to do today!
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Do you need to go grocery shopping before Thanksgiving? Grocery stores are going to be very crowded today though. Still, better than waiting until Wednesday afternoon or evening!
- 5 weeks til Christmas! 4 weeks til Chanukah! How is your gift shopping and wrapping going?
- Fridge and freezer maintenance - Clean one shelf, one drawer or two door shelves in both your refrigerator and your freezer.
- Make meal plans for the week ahead
- Finish laundry so it's done for the week by tonight. Launder guest room bedding if needed, so it's fresh and doesn't smell dusty.
- Launder and iron (if needed) the tablecloth you'll be using on Thanksgiving, if you're hosting. Don't put it on the table yet - it will get dirty!
TODAY'S PROJECT: Thanksgiving Preparation and Provisioning
Depending on what you're doing for Thanksgiving (traveling a long distance to someone's house; hosting dinner yourself; going to a nearby friend or family member's house; or enjoying a quiet evening home by yourself or with just a couple friends?) you have some projects to do before Thursday is here.
If you're traveling a long distance, you might want to pack your suitcases now, plan snacks and activities for your children, get your hostess gift ready, call your petsitter, locate your travel documents, and phone your hostess to confirm. Don't forget to pack your camera and charger or batteries for it, and don't forget a cell phone charger too! Thank-you card addressed and stamped (so you can mail it when you get home after your trip?)
If you're going to someone's house nearby, you need to figure out what you're wearing, buy ingredients for and prepare the dish you're bringing, and buy (then wrap) your hostess gift. Have you RSVPed to your host's invitation? Prepared a thank-you note? Planned what you are going to do with your blessedly travel-free extra days off of work?
If you're hosting, you probably have a lot of cleaning and grocery shopping to do. Guest room ready for overnight guests (or people who had a bit too much Thanksgiving wine?) Do you have plastic containers to send leftovers home in? Dining table ready to go? Fridge cleaned out to make room for the groceries you'll shop for this week? Guest bathroom clean? Background music picked out and ready to go? Home smell clean and cozy?
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: