If you're reading this, you probably aren't traveling today. Are you back home? Are your guests gone, or staying for the whole weekend?
Tonight I will have a little bit of time for myself. Time to relax by the fire, catch up with my catalogs and magazines, and get just a few little projects out of the way. I'll eat leftovers, wrap some Christmas presents, do some extra exercise, and write some holiday letters.
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Shovel sidewalk if applicable. You're exercising and working off those Thanksgiving calories, too!
- What did you use up yesterday, or notice you were out of? Add to your shopping list.
- Need to launder your kitchen towels? We went through a lot of mine during all our kitchen projects this week!
- Did you call all your relatives yesterday to say Happy Thanksgiving? If not, be sure to make some catchup calls today.
- Write a thank-you note to your Thanksgiving hosts, if applicable.
- Clean up kitchen if you cooked yesterday and didn't clean up thoroughly last night.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Winter Car Emergency Preparedness
If you live in an area where you have bad winter weather, do you have a blanket in your car? An extra coat, at all times, in case you run out of your house without one on? (I sometimes do that when I have a warm sweater and it's "only" 45 degrees. I feel warm without a coat, until I leave the car to go into a store and realize how cold it really is!)
Do you have a pair of gloves in the trunk, and boots? Do you have an ice scraper, kitty litter or other traction aids? First aid kit, flashlight, matches?
Do you leave home with a full tank of gas? Do you have your cell phone with you, charged, at all times? Do you have a $20 (or more) in the car, plus some change, for emergencies? (Picking up a snack at a gas station while you are waiting for a tow truck, making phone calls from a pay phone, etc?)
Do you have a bottle of water or two, and some granola bars or other easy-to-transport snacks? If you have pets who ride with you, do you have water for your pets, and snacks for them?
Also, do you keep a pen and notepad in your car at all times? Fingernail clippers, hand lotion, breath mints?