Do three nice things for yourself today. You'll know what they should be. For me, I'm taking an extra long shower; stealing 30 minutes to leisurely read a magazine; and taking extra time at lunch to make my favorite sandwich - and savor it - instead of just gulping down a bagel at the computer.
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Have you put away your Valentine's decorations? Time to get out your Spring, St. Patrick's Day or Easter themed decor, if any?
- We're almost through the workweek! Anything you need to do so you're entering the weekend with a clean home? Vacuuming, mopping the kitchen floor? Sweeping?
- Make social plans for this weekend so you and your friends have a bit of notice and advance planning.
- Will you be eating dinner on a clean tablecloth tonight? Be sure to change yours if it is soiled or crumby.
- Plan a special Friday lunch for your kids (if you are the one who packs their lunch boxes.) It will be easier to surprise them with something special tomorrow if you plan ahead today.
- Anything you need to pick up from the dry cleaners tomorrow? Maybe on the way to or from work? If so, drop off any clothing that needs to be cleaned, since you're already there.
- Need to pick up any milk, produce or fruit juices on your way home today?
TODAY'S PROJECT: Do Three Things for You
Do three things, even if they seem selfish or indulgent, to treat yourself today. Maybe not pigging out on ice cream if you're worried about your weight, or neglecting tasks that will make you feel guilty later. Just do something you enjoy, something that will make you feel nice, something to honor yourself.
LOVELY BLOGS: A Cozy Kitchen
Arianna's Los Angeles-based blog features beautifully photographed recipes, often involving breakfast foods. Recent posts include corn carrot pancakes, chocolate banana bourbon crepes, and maple bacon cake doughnuts.