Today my Spring Cleaning project is to clean and organize my garage. It's half full of family keepsakes and kitchen/home decor storage, and half full of merchandise for my eBay business. No room for a car in here, but I've never liked parking in garages anyway. Too dark and creepy!
My goal today is to touch every box, peeking in to see exactly what's in there, then sort, organize, sweep and clean.
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- If you didn't clean out your fridge yesterday during the kitchen project, do you need to clean out one drawer or one shelf today to keep on top of things?
- Are there any relatives you need to call tonight? Sunday nights are usually good times for that sort of thing.
- Pamper your hands after you're done with cleaning projects today. Use a sugar scrub, give yourself a manicure, freshen polish, and apply lotion as needed.
- Know what meals you're sending with your kids in their lunchboxes this week?
- Set out the clothing you'll wear to work tomorrow so you won't have to rush so much in the morning.
- Laundry done for the weekend? Folded and put away?
- Can you book some down time for yourself tonight, to relax, close your eyes, read a magazine, or watch a half hour comedy?
TODAY'S PROJECT: Garage
I'm a packrat but not a hoarder - I can throw things away, but I do cling to things with sentimental value. Dolls my mom made, bulky photo albums, two boxes of my old record collection, and the collectible dolls my mom and I gathered together are all things I am not able to get rid of. (I've managed to give away two dolls recently though!)
I also store seasonal decorations (two boxes for Halloween, one for Fourth of July, and six for Christmas), kitchen appliances, extra canned food, and some belongings of my teenagers in the garage.
Today I will try to throw away, give away or recycle as much as possible, then organize the rest.
I'll pay special attention to my business merchandise - I need to take inventory and reorganize it so it takes up less space.
It's going to be a long day!
I challenge you to spend today cleaning your basement, attic, garage, or wherever you store your "stuff."
LOVELY BLOGS: Wearing History
Recent posts I've enjoyed here include her showing a 1910 white blouse from her collection; a darling pic of her wearing a vintage red dress for Spring; and a collection of family photos from the 1900s showing what real people wore.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: