Yesterday we worked on spring cleaning our family room. Today we'll work upstairs, on the lovely light-filled living room we like to spend time in during early mornings and Sunday afternoons.
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Fridge and freezer maintenance - We can't neglect our weekly fridge maintenance just because we're doing a big spring cleaning project today!
- Take half an hour or so tonight to phone a relative you need to catch up with. Let's give them our full attention - no texting, watching TV, cleaning or flipping through a magazine while we chat.
- Plan menus and make grocery list for the upcoming week
- Need to run to Home Depot, Costco, Target or the like today after you're done with your cleaning projects?
- Set aside some time to relax after your hard work.
- Give your hands a nice moisturizing scrub and lotion treatment tonight - they might need it after all your hands-on work this weekend.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Living Room Spring Cleaning
We might not have a very time-consuming a project today, as this upstairs living room is kept in pretty good condition. We use it to entertain, sitting guests down in front of a cozy fire, and serving appetizers and cocktails on the coffee table. I keep it ready to go at all times - you never know when you're going to throw an impromptu party!
Today we're moving two couches, the coffee table, two side tables, the mail table and a TV stand in order to vacuum under them. I'm taking down the curtains to send them to the dry cleaner (something I do once a year). We'll wash the big bay window and two side windows, and we'll carefully get up on ladders to dust the wood trim around the windows.
Next up: baseboard dusting, dusting of all the furniture, fluffing of cushions and pillows, laundering throw blankets, and sorting the magazines sitting on the coffee table.
I'll hand launder the decorative Spring placemats I keep on the coffee table and side tables, then set them out to dry while I dust the light fixtures. (I dusted them last week, but they already need it again).
Some of the walls in this room need to be washed down, and while we're at that we can wipe the light switches and electric outlets.
Tonight when we relax, we'll do it upstairs in our clean living room, fire burning merrily away, snacks and a fun beverage on the coffee table. I'm already thinking ahead to the next lovely party I'll throw!
LOVELY BLOGS: Lady Behind the Curtain
LOVELY DISHES: Yellow Beehive
I adore this sunny, spring-themed set of tea things from Sur la Table. There's a teapot, matching sugar and creamer, and matching serving plate. This would work well even in late summertime tea parties or outdoor dinners.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: