It's a beautiful warm, sunny day in Seattle. I refuse to spend the evening indoors in front of a TV or a computer screen. I won't even eat dinner inside a restaurant tonight. Tonight, I'll eat dinner in my backyard with its freshly-mowed lawn, play with my dogs, walk in the nearby woods, and make smores over a bonfire.
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Take an ice cube out of your freezer and taste it. Does it taste and smell fresh? Or is it bad tasting? Time to dump out all your ice and start over? Whether you have an ice maker or a set of cube trays, make sure you have fresh tasting ice for the upcoming days of iced tea, lemonade and cocktails. My fridge takes more than one night to replace all the ice it can make, so I got started yesterday. Meanwhile, my dogs had fun chasing the old yucky ice cubes around the yard as I threw them!
- Get ready for the weekend - Empty waste baskets; refresh toilet paper holders; declutter dining table, coffee table and mail table; empty or fill dishwasher; wipe down kitchen and bathroom counters; water houseplants.
- Make weekend socialization plans.
- Visit an ATM for cash and a gas station to fill up, as needed.
- Get outside this weekend!
TODAY'S PROJECT: Mowing the Lawns
I used to have to mow my own lawn, which isn't the worst thing that can happen to someone. But now I have an eager money-hungry teenager living here who does that for me. I do have to help her start our finicky mower, and supervise a bit to be sure all the parts of the yard get mowed that I want.
With my lawn freshly mowed, I'm ready to host an impromptu yard party should the mood strike me this weekend!
LOVELY BLOGS: Sweet Tooth Sweet Life
This blog focuses on healthy eating, but admits that sometimes you need a little dessert too! There's more than just recipes to this blog too - she posts updates about her life, pets, parties she's gone to, and what's going on in her family's life.
LOVELY FRAGRANCE: Violet Black Currant