QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Need to fill up with gas for the weekend, get cash out of an ATM, return library books, return Redbox and Netflix DVDs?
- Go through your fridge and throw out any leftovers, take-out food or sack lunch leftovers from the week. You're probably not going to eat them this weekend if you haven't already by now. This will make room in case you bring home leftovers from a restaurant this weekend.
- Finalize your socialization plans for the weekend. I can't wait to see my friends after this long back-to-school week!
- Are you participating in any 5K runs, half marathons or walks this month? I'm doing one in late September I need to register for. Do you have yourself registered at your 5Ks, if this is something you enjoy doing?
- Tidy your house in preparation for the weekend. Empty vases of any dead flowers, then rinse the vases out and put them away. De-clutter kitchen counters, load or unload dishwasher as needed. Wipe kitchen counter and sink; wipe bathroom sinks and mirrors. Sweep wood floors; vacuum living or family room if needed. De-clutter dining room table if it's being used for storage. Run through the house really quickly emptying trash cans and removing any cups or drinking glasses that have wandered out of the kitchen. Finish by spritzing with home spray or burning home fragrance oil or incense.
- Are you going to any Octoberfest festivities later this month? If this is something that appeals to you, take a look at your city's newspaper or web resource page and make plans to go.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Master Bedroom De-cluttering
I don't have time to do a big housecleaning project today. I'm working into the evening (to make up for taking a spa day yesterday) and later I want to relax and watch a rented movie with my teenager.
So I'm doing a much-needed minor project: De-cluttering my bedroom. My bedroom really got out of hand in this week's back-to-school happy chaos. There are piles of bills and papers that need to be sorted into my organizer; too many books by my bedside (I'm currently reading one on my Kindle for my book club), some half-written letters I need to finish and mail, and dishes to put away. I'll dust, de-clutter, vacuum, open the windows to let in fresh air, and make my bed with fresh clean sheets.
Tonight when I fall into bed after staying up late watching a movie, I'll be doing it in a relaxing room that isn't cluttered or dusty!
LOVELY BLOGS: A Delightsome Life
I make it a policy to never, ever link to blogs or websites that play music in the background. I find it highly annoying and unprofessional, and the fact I had to scroll all the way down to the bottom of this blog's picture heavy posts to try to shut the music off (and have it restart again on me) is highly disappointing and distracting. I could just turn my speakers down or off - except I was already listening to my own music in another window while I worked this morning.
That said, I am sharing this blog with you anyway because it is so fabulous, so beautiful and so inspiring. Kathy does weekly Return to Loveliness posts, which are fan appreciations of Victoria magazine. Thursdays are for Home and Garden posts. She blogs about her cottage home, cottage cooking, and cottage gardening. The posts feature lovely pictures. Check in with her blog to see how she celebrates the rhythms of life and the seasons.
LOVELY FRAGRANCE: Turkish Peach
This is what's burning in my kitchen right now! It's the new fragrance from Cost Plus World Market. I stopped by there today to pick up a few things and was delighted to discover the new scent. I don't care for some of their other fall fragrances (Asian Poppy and Indonesian Teak aren't my favorites, and French Cassis is close but not quite). I also grabbed my seasonal favorite Mexican Pumpkin which I'll alternate burning in the kitchen every other night too.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: