After a busy weekend with lots of fun socializing, I'm looking forward to some quiet down time this evening!
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Fridge and freezer maintenance - Clean, sort and sanitize one drawer, one shelf, or two door shelves in your fridge and in your freezer. Doing this faithfully every week means your fridge and freezer get cleaned out once a month.
- Are there blackberry bushes near your home? Have you picked any this summer? I just filled a Tupperware container with berries, intending to make little pocket pies. I was surprised to still find usable berries on the bushes, this late in the year.
- Make menu plans for the upcoming week; create grocery list; shop as needed
Deciding where to put my vase of these lovely orange flowers
- Sunday nights can be a good time to relax with family, make phone calls to relatives, and write letters to friends and family.
Maybe play a quick board game with your kids?
- Are your kids going to school with clean clothes tomorrow? Need to do any laundry tonight? Are you sleeping on clean bedsheets?
- Need to refill your kids' cafeteria lunch cards or meal accounts? Or... what are you putting in your kids' lunch boxes tomorrow morning?
TODAY'S PROJECT: Taking Care of Me
It's been a stressful week, full of kids' Curriculum Nights at school (My kids are in four different schools, so that means.. four different Curriculum nights.. all on worknights!). This time of year is also an extra busy time for my job, my eBay store and my blogging efforts. I'm tired and grumpy.
So I'm taking some "Me" time today. No cleaning, no sorting, no organizing, no projects (other than Quick Things To Do Today). Just fun things. Things I want to do.
I'll read one of my library books; browse through magazines; putter around baking things in the kitchen; play with my dogs; borrow a bathtub for a good long soak with my favorite bath bomb; and finish a long paper letter to a good friend. I might pop in a movie and make a cocktail while I'm at it.
This evening of indulgence is made possible because I take such good care of my house on a daily basis: doing daily maintenance with kitchen, sweeping and vacuum projects; and doing one project every day. My house is ready to be viewed, lived in, enjoyed, or entertained in, so I don't have to touch it today. Today I can enjoy myself.
LOVELY BLOGS: Once Upon a Cutting Board
Natalie blogs from Canada about healthy eating. I totally want to make her Greek Quinoa Wraps with Tzatziki. Other recent recipes include Autumn Fruit Ginger Crumble Pie, Eggplant and Zucchini Pasta with Chickpeas; and Earl Grey Vanilla Tea Cake. As always, I appreciate when bloggers include step-by-step photos, as does Natalie.
LOVELY FASHION: Kate Spade's Polka Dot Handbags
Child of the 1980s that I am, I adore polka dots, especially black-and-white ones. So I'm really enjoying looking through Kate Spade's fall purses. Check out this unusual bow tote, too. None of these fit in my shopping budget, so I'll still make do with the Nine West purse I bought myself last Christmastime.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: