QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Visit an ATM machine; and fill up with gas for the long weekend. Do this early in the day, if you can, as everyone will be filling up today.
- Visit the grocery store tonight after work if you feel up to it. Stores can get really busy on pre-Memorial Day Fridays!
- Tidy your house for the weekend. Refresh toilet paper, empty trash cans, wipe sinks and mirrors, vacuum the living room, tidy kitchen, de-clutter stairs and dining table.
- Locate your sunscreen and sunglasses. Hopefully you'll need them this weekend!
- Clean pets' water and food bowls. Clean or mop floor under the bowls.
- Finalize weekend socialization plans with your friends and family.
- Don't lose sight of the purpose of Memorial Day. It's not just a three day weekend for partying.
- Hang up and fly your American Flag.
TODAY'S PROJECT: Preparing for the Weekend
Today, do whatever you need to do to get ready for the weekend. If you're leaving town, you might need to pack, gas up the car, make arrangements for pet sitting, purchase a hostess gift, and find your camping gear. If you're entertaining, you'll need to cook, shop, clean, plan, and devise entertainments.
Besides spending time with friends and family, I'm hoping to fit in some time to read magazines, snuggle in bed with my cat and a book, catch up on some entertaining TV watching, and perhaps do a bit of writing.
Because we've kept our homes so well maintained throughout Spring Cleaning and the months that followed, I bet very few of you need to do any big cleaning projects this weekend. Let's relax and enjoy our family, friends, our beautiful homes. We can continue keeping up with messes as they happen, but not spend our long weekend cleaning and organizing!
LOVELY BLOGS: House of Earnest
LOVELY FRAGRANCE: Icelandic Moonflower Candle
Red Flower's Icelandic Moonflower Candle is scented with apple blossom, boronia (an Australian evergreen shrub) and moonflower. Fresh and light for spring. I like to burn it on my bathroom counter to freshen my bedroom in the evening. Also available on Amazon.
LOVELY LINKS FOR TODAY: