To make this rainy Sunday cozier, we've lit a fire in the fireplace, made a big pot of Earl Grey tea, and gathered in the living room to read our library books together in companionable silence. We're still continuing to shut the Internet off at 3pm every day, so I'm delighted to see we're both using this time to read, not rush to our computers and use the Internet as much as possible until the router shuts it off today.
Later this afternoon we'll reluctantly put our books aside to get our Sunday chores done: Laundry, vacuuming, homework for my teenager and eBay shipping for me.
QUICK THINGS TO DO TODAY:
- Fridge and freezer maintenance - Clean one drawer, one shelf or two door shelves in your fridge and freezer.
- Going into the workweek with clean sheets, towels and clothing?
- Do you have leftovers in your fridge that need to be eaten up tonight or tossed out? Let's start next week with new fresh food, eating up leftover soups or meals in simple meals tonight at home.
- Any end-of-the-month bills that need to be paid?
- Take time to make an extra special breakfast or brunch today.
- Can you carve some time tonight to write in your journal, sketch, read your book club book, take a hot bath or do something else that you enjoy, just for you?
LOVELY BEVERAGES: Twinings' K-Cups
I don't have a Keurig coffee maker in my home (I make my tea a rather barbaric, careless way involving slinging water into a mug and microwaving it). But I often see them in the offices I borrow for work, vacation homes I rent, and the car dealership I wait for services at. I've never been too interested since I'm a tea drinker and the machines seem to always be stocked with just coffee K-cups. So I'm delighted to see my favorite brand of tea, Twinings has created several varieties of K-cups with their teas. I might pick up a package and keep one of the tiny cups in my purses for a Keurig emergency!
LOVELY BLOGS: Living on Literary Lane
"Books, me, and a spot o' tea." Elizabeth Rose is a young writer who lives in the South. She's been home schooled for her whole life. I'm thoroughly enjoying her blog. She usually includes a Poem of the Week (currently an Emily Dickinson); she's posted about the importance of rising early; she's enjoying re-reading favorite books; and I think you'll enjoy her post on Filling the Unforgiving Minute.
LOVELY GIFTS: Sucre
I just found this New Orleans-based shop and I'm enjoying browsing their Valentine's chocolates, macarons, chocolate truffles and Mardi Gras King Cakes. I haven't tried any of their chocolates yet (obviously as I just found the link today!) but I'm definitely considering shipping a few lovely gifts from here to my single girl friends who might not get any chocolates on Valentine's Day!
LOVELY MOVIES: The Decoy Bride
I'd never heard of this movie before, until I stumbled onto it while browsing the free streaming movies from Amazon. I really enjoyed watching it late last night, when I was sadly home dateless on a Saturday night. It's really fun and cute, especially if you have a slight crush on David Tennant like I do. If you have an Amazon Prime account it's free to watch.